- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (or Chili powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Place chicken breast down flat on a cutting board
- Cut chicken breasts in half horizontally so you have 2 pieces each
- Combine smoked paprika, garlic & onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, basil, salt and pepper together and place in a sealable plastic bag along with olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts in bag and seal, tossing the chicken inside to coat them evenly
- In a medium hot pan, add butter and place coated chicken breasts in pan. Fry 4-5 minutes then turn over and continue to fry for another 4-5 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove chicken and add cream and butter to the pan and whisk scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet
- Continue heating sauce until it thickens about 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken over either a bed of rice, pasta noodles or spaghetti squash and ladle sauce over top.