- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use only half if you use salted butter)
- 4 ounces milk chocolate squares (chopped)
- 4 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup or (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt (if using unsalted butter) into a bowl (put aside)
- Over medium melt butter and add chopped chocolate into a pan. Cook until all is melted
- Put melted chocolate mixture into a mixing bowl and add sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix on medium speed until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in flour/cocoa mixture.
- After all is mixed fold in chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop (1 1/2 inch) scoop batter onto a lined baking sheet (I prefer a silicon pad)
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack.
- Let cool on wire racks.
Options: Add your favourite chopped nuts (ie. Walnuts or Pecan) along with the Chocolate Chips