- 4-5 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp rapid rise, instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups of warm milk, 110 degrees F.
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp soft butter (for dough)
- 2 Tbsp melted butter (to brush ontop)
- Optional: Sesame Seeds
- Put yeast & sugar in warm milk and put aside for about 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl add 3 cups of flour, salt, butter and egg
- Using a stand mixer with a hook set on low speed until the flour mixture is blended, then add milk mixture
- On medium speed add 1/2 cup of remaining flour until blended. Then add another 1/2 cup of flour. Repeat adding another 1/2 cup of flour until a ball of dough forms
- If necessary, add more flour, dough should pull away from sides and be soft and sticky
- Remove dough from mixer and put into a lightly greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or plastic wrap.
- Allow to rise in a warm area for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, remove from bowl and lightly punch down
- Divide dough into 24 pieces (approx 2 ounces or 56 grams)
- Form into balls (sprinkle sesame seeds on tops if prefered)
- Put onto a 9×13 inch lightly greased baking sheet and cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Allow to rise another 30 minutes in a warm area
- Preheat an oven at 375 degrees F.
- Baked rolls for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. (If they become too brown, cover tops with foil)
- Remove rolls from oven and brush with melted butter
- Serve warm or store cooled into a plastic bag.