This soup will kick start your diet. This is the 7-day diet. All versions require you to eat as much soup as you want any time you are hungry throughout the week. This is a low carb diet, check with your physician before starting any diet.
- 1/2 head of cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup of carrots (sliced)
- 1 green or red pepper (diced)
- 1 cup celery (sliced)
- 1 cup white or yellow onion (diced)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of chicken broth (or beef or vegetable)
- 14 or 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (I used Italian Seasoned Tomatoes)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients into the Intantpot and press “soup” and that’s it.
- Heat some olive oil in a pot
- Add onions, peppers, celery and carrots
- Lightly saute
- Add garlic
- Add tomatoes and cabbage
- Pour in chicken broth (or beef or vegetable)
- Add spices
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat
- Cook until cabbage is tender
- Taste soup and add salt and pepper as needed
Cabbage Soup Diet (7 day Plan)
Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Cantaloupe and watermelon are lower in calories than most fruit. Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body.
Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Plus for dinner, you can have a baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today. Remember to drink water throughout the day. (This is a great salad day, but be light on the salad dressing)
Fruits and vegetables, you want. No Baked Potato. Plus have your soup throughout the day. Remember to drink water throughout the day.
Bananas and Skim Milk (or Almond or Cashew Milk): You can eat as many as eight bananas along with glasses of skim milk throughout the day, along with your soup. This day is should reduce your desire for sweets. Remember to drink water throughout the day. (I like to make a banana shake or make yourself a frozen banana dessert)
Frozen banana dessert:
- Cut a banana into slices and put in a freezer bag
- Put frozen slices into a blender or food processor and pulse til smooth. You can add a few drops of milk to make it creamier. (you can also add some cocoa powder)
Beef And Tomatoes:
Eat ten to twenty ounces of beef or (no-skin chicken or fish but not both) and up to six fresh tomatoes. Eat your soup at least once this day. Remember to drink water throughout the day.
For breakfast, I have a fried tomato
For lunch or supper, I have a tomato salad (yes, with cucumbers and onions, oregano and basil. This is my take on the original diet). You can also make a baked tomato with Italian spices sprinkles on top, or make beef or chicken with a tomato sauce and Italian spices, no sugar added.
I also get myself some tomato juice (low sodium) and have that as a drink instead of some tomatoes during the day
Beef and Vegetables:
Eat beef or (no-skin chicken or fish but not both) and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Remember to eat your soup at least once.
Make yourself a beef or chicken stir fry if you like (remember to use only a little oil)
You can also roast your vegetables or make yourself a hearty salad (easy on the dressing)
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.
Day 8 and Beyond:
The Cabbage Soup Diet is not intended for long-term weight loss. This diet is low in fat and high in fibre that will jump-start the diet that works for you and a long-term eating plan.