- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons Crisco Golden All-Vegetable Shortening (cold)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar or Sugar Sustitute (Splenda)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place almond flour, salt and sugar (or sugar substitute) into a bowl
- Add cold Shortening and with your hands mix between fingers until mixture resembles coarse meal
- Add egg and blend to form a ball
- Press dough into a 9 1/2 inch pie dish
- For a bottom pie shell alone, use a fork to poke holes before baking
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (do not overbake)
- Note: If you are using this shell with a pie filling such as a pecan or apple pie, bake for 4 minutes before filling, then add your contents and cover edges of pie shell with aluminium foil to prevent burning, then bake for approx. 40 minutes. Check the pie to ensure it is not overcooked.
Pingback: Oreo Style Slab Pie | wrks4me