- 3 cups of leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup of grated cheese (put aside 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup of grated cheese, green onions and an egg in a mixing bowl
- Press mixture into muffin tins
- Bake for 25 minutes or until sides turn golden brown
- 5 minutes before fully cooked sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated cheese and return to oven
- After the cheese has melted, remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before removing from muffin tins to maintain their shape.
Make it yours: top them with caramelized onions or leeks if you prefer