Had been looking for a good dog food and decided to make my own, so I looked on the web and put together a dog food that has balance and is appetizing to my dog (I tasted it myself and it tastes good).
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) of ground chicken
- 2 cups of frozen peas with carrots
- 2 cups of combined frozen broccoli, snap peas (lightly steamed and chopped)
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice with pearl barley (cook 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of pearl barley with 4 cups of water)
- 1 large sweet potato (diced into small pieces) uncooked
- 3 eggs
- Mix all ingredients together and spoon into muffin tins lined with silicon muffin liners or put into a meatloaf pan or into a roasting pan
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until done
- Cool and then cut into pieces depending of the size of dog if using meatloaf or roasting pan.
- Put into the fridge or wrap and put them in the freezer until needed.