- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 diced carrot (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With a stove and oven safe pot, melt butter over medium heat on the stove
- Add the onions, garlic and garam masala and allow to cook 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are softened
- Add rice and stir until ingredients are well coats.
- Pour in vegetable stock and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring stock up to a boil.
- Cover and bake in the oven until the rice is tender about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand, covered for 5 minutes before serving.