Almonds, Baking, Biscotti, Cookie, Dessert, Orange Rine, Recipe, Terry Tested, Terry's
These are so good, I’d suggest doubling the recipe
- 1-3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole unblanched almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1-1/2 tsp grated orange rine
- 1 eggs white, lightly beatened
- In large bowl, combine flour and baking powder; stir in almonds. Whisk together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and orange rind; stir into flour mixture until soft, sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to lightly floured work surface; with hands, form into smooth ball. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet and form into a log. Brush tops with egg white and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for 5 minutes. On a cutting board cut diagonally into 3/4 inch slices. Bake for 20 minutes long or until golden brown. Remove biscotti to rack and let cool.
Makes 24 cookies