- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus extra for topping
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 Tbs cinnamon, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup apple pie filling, smashed
- 3/4 cup milk
- You can use a bowl or food processor
- If using a bowl: Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon and work in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- If using a food processor: Put flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon and cold butter into processor and pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Take the apples out of the apple pie filling and smash them with a potato masher, fork or your fingers and mix into milk. Stir into the flour mixture until well combined.
- Pat into an 8″ circle on a lined or greased baking sheet, making sure the thickness is even throughout.
- Cut into 8 even wedges
- Sprinkle extra cinnamon and sugar over top
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.