- 1 pound spaghetti
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter
- 4 Cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 Cups baby spinach
- 2 Cups grated Parmesan, plus extra for finishing
- Juice of 2 lemons and zest of 1 lemon
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and save approx. 1 cup of pasta water
- Put butter, garlic and red pepper flakes into a large pan and cook over medium heat for approx. 2 minutes.
- Divide the spinach, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest into 4 portions.
- Stir into pan one portion at a time and stir until spinach becomes wilted.
- Add a bit of pasta water to keep it moist.
- Continue to add each remaining portions one at time and continue to add pasta water
- Once everything is incorporated add extra parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste