Keep a can of apple pie filling and a roll or two of cinnamon rolls so that if you get unexpected people dropping by or just have a craving, you have a delicious cake at the ready.
- 1 can apple pie filling (540 ml)
- 1 or 2 cinnamon rolls with icing (351 g)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Depending on the how many people you wish to serve you can use 1 or 2 cinnamon roll tubes. (Using 1/2 can of pie filling and 1 cinnamon roll will yield you 6 servings in an 8″x8″ pan) If you use a full can of pie filling you will need 2 cinnamon rolls and a 9″x13″ pan.
- Open your tubes of cinnamon rolls and separate the sections
- Cut each section into quarters with a knife or scissors and put into a bowl
- Open the can of pie filling and depending on how many tubes you are using cut apple slices into smaller pieces, and put them in the bowl with the cinnamon rolls.
- Gently fold the apple pieces and 1/2 the pie filling mixture together
- Coat the cooking pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture into it
- If using pecans, sprinkle over top
- Bake in a preheated over at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes
- Let cool at least a 1/2 hour before drizzling the icing from the cinnamon tubes over top.
Serve and Enjoy