- 1 box your favourite Chocolate Cake Mix (do not prepare as directed on box, use instructions and ingredients below)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick, unsalted or salted butter
- 3 3/4 cups of icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the coconut, chocolate chips, and the chopped pecans over the bottom of the pan.
- Mix the chocolate cake mix along with the oil, water and eggs using a spatula or hand mixer.
- Pour the cake mix over top of the coconut/chocolate chip/pecan layer.
- In a saucepan or fry pan, melt the butter and cream cheese together.
- Using a spatula or hand mixer on low, add the butter/cream cheese mixture together with the icing sugar until it’s smooth.
- dollop the mixture on top of the uncooked chocolate cake in the pan, and swirl using a knife into the cake mix.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Using a toothpick to test the doneness will not work as the mixture is too gooey. Just make sure it doesn’t wobble too much.