- 7 sliced of thick bread, cubed (5 cups/120 ml)
- 2 cups peeled and cored apples chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 (385 mL) can of 2% Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Maple syrup to drizzle overtop
- Combine bread crumbs and apples in a large bowl
- Beat eggs and stir in evaporated milk, water, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon
- Pour over bread mixture. Moisten bread completely.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts
- Place in greased 8” square baking dish
- Place in a larger pan. Fill pan with hot water to 1” up the sides of the pudding dish.
- Baked at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until st and top is golden
- Serve warm with maple syrup
To test for doneness, insert knife in center and it should come out clean.