- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant coffee, slightly crushed
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie.