- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 large onion (cut in thin rings)
- 1/8 cup Maple Syrup or Sugar Free Syrup
- Cooked Bacon pieces
Chop cauliflower and put into microwave dish with lid. Add 1/8 cup of water and place in microwave with lid. Microwave according to your settings until tender (not overdone). When done remove from microwave and drain water completely. Use a hand blender to purée the cauliflower. Stir in heavy cream and butter, salt, pepper and cheese.
Place onion rings in fry pan with oil and cook until browned and caramelised add Maple Syrup or Sugar Free Syrup. Place cauliflower purée into a serving dish or individual ramekins and put onions and bacon pieces on top. Return to microwave when ready to serve and heat for a minute or two extra.
- Instead of onions on top, fry up some leeks add them to the cauliflower as you purée
- Instead of cheddar cheese, add a 1/4 cup of vegetable cream cheese