Chicken, broccoli and cheese make this casserole a family standard.that bakes in just 20 minutes.
- 4 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked chicken (buy a cooked rotisserie chicken and shred it)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (optional)
Put broccoli, chicken in a mixing bowl. Stir the soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour into mixture and add the cheese. Pour mixture into casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake
Bake at 450°F. for 20 minutes or until the chicken mixture is hot and bubbling
Remove foil. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the cheese and put under broil til bread crumbs are browned.