This solution works even better than store bought and at a fraction of the cost and smells great too.
Carpet Cleaner Solution
- 1/2 capful of Liquid Laundry Detergent (I use a gentle detergent, one that can be used for skin sensitivity) or use 4 Tbsps of dish soap (ie. DAWN)
- 1 scoop of “Oxy” style stain remover or 1/2 cup of liquid hydrogen Peroxide
- 1/2 cap of fabric softener
- 4 Tbsp of white vinegar
- Add ingredients together into a 1 gallon (4.5 litre) container
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 of solution into the carpet cleaner container
- Fill remaining with water and use as usual to clean your carpets
Spot Cleaner Solution
- 2 oz (approx. 1/4 cup) of “DAWN” blue liquid detergent (the one with the little duck on the label)
- 6 oz (approx. 3/4 cups) of hydrogen peroxide
- 1 spray bottle
Directions for cleaning spots on carpets (before starting test solution on a hidden area to insure there is no discolouration or damage.
- Put “DAWN” into a measuring cup then add hydrogen peroxide and stir well
- Pour into a spray bottle (note: the blue colour will disappear due to the hydrogen peroxide)
- Use to spray spots on carpets or use of spots on laundry
- If using on carpets, whip the area with a damp rag, then spray with solution and wipe with a clean cloth. Finally go over the area again with the damp rag and let dry. Finish by vacuuming.
Directions for use in the laundry.
- Spray spot solution onto garment and allow to soak in.
- Wash as usual.
- Do not put item into the dryer until examining the stain.
- If the stain does not come out spray again and allow to soak in, then wash as usual. It should come out.
- For very difficult set in stains. Spray item well and allow to soak overnight.