- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Combine quick rolled oats and milk and set aside for about 5 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the milk
- Sauté onion, garlic and thyme in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients, including cooled onion mixture together except meat
- When well mixed add the meat by hand but do not overwork it.
- Place on baking sheet and shape into a 9 by 5-inch loaf.
- Bake for about an hour or until the center reaches 160° F. Let rest 10 minutes.