- 1 1/3 Cups Golden Crisco Shortening (325 ml)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (250 ml)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown suger (150 ml)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla (15 ml)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour (550 ml)
- 2/3 cup Cocoa Powder (150 ml)
- 1 tsp taking soda (5 ml)
- 1 tsp salt (5 ml)
- 1/4 cup milk (60 ml)
- 1½ cups walnut pieces (375 ml)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (250 ml)
Preheat oven to 350°F
- COMBINE Golden Crisco, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl and
- BEAT with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute or until creamy.
- ADD beaten eggs
- COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. ADD to creamed mixture alternatively with milk, beating on low speed about 1 minute, or just until blended.
- STIR in with spoon, nuts and chocolate chips
- DROP dough by heaping spoonfuls (about 2 Tbsp for each cookie) on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cookies will still appear soft and moist when baked, but firm upon cooling. Cool 2 minutes.