- 18 – large pasta shells (from 16-oz package)
- 1 – container (15 oz) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 – large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (depends on how intense you like the flavour)
- 1-2 cups frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain and chop
- (optional) 1 cup chopped cooked chicken or shrimp
- 1 jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella (8 oz) or more
Combine ricotta, egg, Parmesan cheese, spinach and optional chicken or shrimp and stuff cooked pasta shells (alla dante). Put enough tomato pasta sauce to line the bottom of a baking dish and add the pasta shells. Drizzle tomato sauce over the tops of the pasta shells and put Mozzarella over top of all the shells. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45 minutes depending on size of dish.
You can use the filling for rolled cannelloni by spreading it over fresh pasta sheets and roll the sheets like a jelly roll and place them in a baking dish lined with pasta sauce and then add the mozzarella over top along with the remaining tomato sauce and bake Bake at 375 degrees for 30-45.