- 1/2 pkg navy beans (2 cups or 1 lb)
- 6 cups of water
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1/4 back bacon (cooked til crisp) or uncooked pork chops
- 2 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 Tablespoons of Prepared Mustard or 1/4 teaspoon dry Mustard
- 1/2 cup Chili Sauce or Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- Place beans in large bowl. Cover with water and soak overnight at room temperature. Add water, as needed, so that beans are always covered. Drain but reserve the water.
Put beans into a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil. Simmer on the stove for an hour to two hours until just tender not too cooked. Skim off and foam and drain the beans but reserve the water
- Mix together all the remaining ingredients and add the beans.
- Cover the beans with the reserved liquid
- Bake in a 325 F. degree oven for about 3-4 hours or until tender