- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (300 ml) Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream together soft butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups flour.
- Press onto bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven 15 min or until browned.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in Eagle Brand (evaporated milk).
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Combine 1 tbsp of the brown sugar and corn starch mix well.
- Stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over cheese layer.
- Combine remaining brown sugar and 1/3 cup flour.
- Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in nuts.
- Sprinkle evenly over cranberry mixture.
- Bake 45 min or until golden. Makes 12 servings.