- 2 Cups grated carrot
- 2 Cups finely diced celery
- 2 Cups finely diced onion
- 1 Cup finely diced red pepper
- 12 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoon basil
- 4 cans (28 oz.) plum crushed tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 3 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper – add extra if necessary
- 1 tsp hot red peppers (add more after tasting)
- 4 tsp beef bouillon (optional)
Add carrot, celery, onion, red pepper to a fry pan, garlic, basil, italian seasoning, salt, pepper red pepper and sauté. Pour in crushed tomatoes and beef bouillon. Bring to a boil and cover. Reduce heat to simmer for 4-6 hours, stirring to make sure it does not burn.
Option: You can also transfer sauce to an oven proof container and put into oven to simmer at 200 degrees F. for 4-6 hours.
Serve with pasta, spaghetti squash or use with your favourite Italian dish.