- ½ cup fat free milk
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- To prepare the sponge, in a large bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the water, when the yeast looks wet, add the flour and stir hard.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- To make dough, stir the milk into the sponge. In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and salt.
- Add to the sponge and stir to blend.
- Lightly sprinkle a work surface with flour.
- Turn out the dough; knead until it becomes elastic and resilient, 10-12 minutes
- Spray a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the dough in the bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in volume, 40-60 minutes
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Punch down the dough. Lightly sprinkle a work surface with flour.
- Roll out the dough to a 14 inch circle; transfer to a pizza pan or large baking sheet.
- Arrange the toppings of your choice to the crust
- Bake until lightly browned about 10 minutes